If you're new to site building and just want to try it for free, you can use these products as free website builders - in addition to paid services, they enable creating your own website for free with some restrictions.
They give you a chance to test your netwriting skills. You can create a website for free and cancel the project at any time if something goes wrong, or switch to a paid version if you are totally delighted with the result and want to remove restrictions and include additional features.
One of the best things about online website builders is that the content of your website is stored separately from the layout. At any time, in a few clicks of the mouse, you can easily change the appearance of your site - the template, colors, fonts, etc., without ever having to retype any information.
The reviewed free website builders are the current leaders in their fields - an extremely easy-to-use online website builder for creating small sites, an online service for small business, and a popular tool offered by many hosting providers...
This is a popular online builder, which anyone can use to quickly create small websites without the need of HTML programming skills or expensive desktop software. It's suitable for those who just want to make small professional looking websites very quickly, easily and inexpensively - affiliates, home and small businesses, families, hobbies, sports teams, etc.
When you buy a domain name at 1&1 ($7.99/year), the builder comes free and has restrictions like other free website builders: no more than 5 pages. If you need more pages you have to buy a hosting package (from $3.99/month).
Building a website is a five-step process...
- Choose your layout from a library of 140 website templates.
- Refine your design - choose your favorite graphic and pick the font size, text color, and navigation button style.
- Edit your content with easy to use online editor.
- Add extra features like Flash animation, a counter, feedback forms, guest books and more.
- Publish your website.
In comparison to other free online website builders the main advantage of 1&1 Website Builder is no advertising even in the free version. The main disadvantage is less options when customizing your template and page layout.
You can see an example of a mini site created with this tool here: Free online website builder.
1&1 also offers cheap domain registration and a wide variety of hosting plans.
Unlike other reviewed above free website builders, this browser-based solution for website design and construction from Positive Software Corporation isn't a standalone tool. It's a software that hosting providers can install on their servers to help users build professionally looking websites without knowing anything about FTP, HTML, or imaging software.
Key features of Site Studio:
- Simple to use: Site Studio guides you step-by-step, providing simple choices regarding color, style and images. There is no software to buy, and no code to learn.
- Layout templates: Site Studio provides over 1000 professionally designed templates. The content of your website is stored separately from the layout. This way, you can completely change the look and feel of your website in a few clicks of the mouse, without ever having to retype any information.
- Customizable color schemes: Site Studio includes a number of built-in color combinations that look great with any layout. But if you want to add a little originality to your site, all the colors can be changed, either by using a point-and-click color picker, or typing in the color as a hex number.
- Complete control over images: you can upload your own images without having to leave your browser. The required images, including logos, rollover buttons and sidebars, can also be generated automatically in the colors you want, with the desired text.
- Variety of pages: Site Studio includes a lot of predefined page templates: About, Links, Download, Firm Profile, Survey Form, FAQ, Catalog, ICQ Contact Center, Site Map, Contact Us, Services, Add-A-Cart Catalog, Amazon.Com Web Store, etc. Generic Page template enables creation of custom pages that do not fall into any other categories. Advanced users can copy-paste existing HTML pages and create Web pages based on their own HTML code.
- One-click publishing: The website is published with one easy click. But even after publishing, you can go back and change it as much as you wish.
Business Website Builders
These tools are rather comprehensive marketing platforms for those who want to build a professional, popular, and profitable Web business (not just a website).
- Site Content
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Design
- HTML Codes
- Web Graphics
- Domain Names
- Web Hosting
- Online Website Builders:
- Free Website Builders
- Business Website Builders
How to Create a Website
One-page guide for beginners.
Inexpensive Web Hosting
How to choose a fast and reliable service from the bulk of cheap hosting solutions.
Web conferencing tool
for any business.
Advanced and free spam blockers
New generation of email spam blockers.