Easy Website builders allow anyone to create a professional looking website and have it hosted instantly. No programming or HTML skills are needed. Basicly, all you have to do is choose templates, select colors, insert photos and add content.
The reviewed products are arranged in order of capabilities - from an extremely easy-to-use online tool for creating small sites to comprehensive business website builder. If you just want to try site building for free, you can use the first two products as free easy website builders - they enable you to create a website for free with some limitations.
They give you a chance to test your skills for free. You can cancel the project at any time if you don't like it, or switch to a paid version if you are totally delighted with the result and want to remove restrictions.
This is a popular easy website builder suitable for those who just want to make small professional looking websites very quickly and inexpensively - home and small businesses, affiliates, families, hobbies, etc.
When you buy a domain name at 1&1 ($7.99/year), the builder comes free and has limitations like other free website builders: no more than 5 pages. For more pages you have to buy a hosting package (from $3.99/month).
Building a website is a simple process...
- Choose your template from a library of 140 website templates.
- Customize it with colors, fonts, navigation buttons.
- Add / edit your content with easy to use online editor.
- Publish your site.
In comparison to other free online website builders the main advantage of 1&1 Website Builder is no advertising even in free version. The main disadvantage is less options when customizing your template.
You can see an example of a mini site created with this tool here: Free online website builder.
1&1 also offers a wide variety of hosting plans.
This tool allows you to build a small business website very quickly, easily and inexpensively (it's free for the first 30 days and $4.99/month thereafter). You can have your site designed and built in minutes, even if you've never did it before. There are over 2000 professional templates organized into categories, so finding a suitable design is easy.
Homestead's templates are fully functional sites with multiple pages, navigation, images, and even text you might use in your business site. If you are in a hurry, you can simply add your business name and contact information, and publish your website. You can easily update anything later: edit text directly on your pages, add your own graphics or use any pictures from their huge image library.
You can host your site under their domain or register a custom domain name. Homestead's team can design and build a website for you, if you don't have the time to do it yourself.
Recently they launched a new service - Online Store. It allows you to sell up to 100 products, accept payments with your own check-out page and build your website with Homestead Websites' drag-and-drop technology. Online Store includes a free 30-day trial and costs $35/month thereafter. More info...
Unlike other reviewed easy website builders, Site Studio isn't a standalone tool. It's a software that hosting providers can install on their servers to help their customers build professionally looking sites without knowing anything about HTML, CSS, FTP and the like.
Key features of Site Studio:
- Simple to use: Site Studio guides you step-by-step, providing simple choices regarding color, style and images.
- Layout templates: Site Studio has over 1000 professionally designed templates. The content of your site is stored separately from the layout. You can completely change the look and feel of your site without having to retype any information.
- Customizable color schemes: Site Studio includes a number of built-in color combinations that look great with any layout. All the colors can be changed by using a point-and-click color picker, or as a hex number.
- Complete control over images: you can upload your own images. The required images, such as logos, rollover buttons and sidebars, can also be generated automatically in the colors you want, with the desired text.
- Variety of pages: Site Studio includes a lot of predefined page templates: About, Links, Download, Firm Profile, Survey Form, FAQ, Catalog, ICQ Contact Center, Site Map, Contact Us, Services, Add-A-Cart Catalog, Amazon Web Store, etc. Generic Page template enables creation of custom pages that do not fall into the predefined categories. Advanced users can create Web pages based on their own HTML code.
- One-click publishing: The site is published with one click. After publishing, you can go back and change it as much as you wish.
Many hosting providers offer Site Studio for an additional fee. However, here is an inexpensive hosting service which includes Site Studio for free...
Unlimited disk space and bandwidth for $4.95 a month. Additionally, you get a unique (dedicated) IP address for your site.
See Inexpensive Web Hosting for more details about this hosting provider.
It's a new easy website builder from a popular hosting provider Lunarpages.
You get unlimited disk space, 5 email accounts, and 1 free domain. You can simply choose your domain name, pick a template from 500+ choices, input your content and publish the site.
A blog, image gallery, and shopping cart make this website builder suitable for the small business. 30 minutes of design consultation and maintenance per month are included for each client.
Solo Build It
This is more than other easy website builders - it's a comprehensive BUSINESS website builder. Solo Build It provides a complete system of tools that makes it easy for anyone to build a profitable Web BUSINESS. You won't find any other website builder that can show results like this.
Solo Build It takes care of all the technology and complexity of building and marketing your site (domain name, hosting, graphic design, search engine submission and optimization, traffic analysis, e-zine publishing, etc.) and allows you to jump straight to the money making side of your Web business.
The complete list of features
It's too long to be placed here and is updated too often - new modules and features are added every month.
For example, here's how SBI struggles for traffic from the free search engines - the most valuable traffic because it's free and produces interested and willing to buy visitors...
- SBI's Brainstorming tool helps you find profitable topics (reduces hours of manual research).
- SBI tells you exactly what to do to rank higher at the search engines.
- WorldSubmitter submits pages to all the major search engines.
- SpiderWatcher tracks the major search engines' spiders and re-submits the site if within a certain number of days no crawler has visited.
- ListChecker checks the engines periodically to make sure the site is in the index. Should the page disappear from a search engine's index, ListChecker will tell WorldSubmitter to re-submit it.
So it's no wonder that SBIers grab the top spots in search results and earn thousands of dollars per month from free traffic:
SBI is constantly tuned to minimize your time and maximize your results. All you need is to follow the simple, step-by-step process that handles all the technology and complexity. And in case you've no time to do it yourself, you can hire a specialist with a history of SBI success from SiteSell Services to build a successful website for you.
Ken Evoy, the owner of this small business website builder, is so confident about high quality of SBI that offers unlimited money-back guarantee and even better - if at any time SBI doesn't exceed your expectations, he'll not only refund you immediately, but you can keep the domain name that you registered (it's included in the price).
- HTML Tutorials
- HTML Editors
- Graphics Editors
- Easy Website Builders
- Web Page Templates
- Books on Web Designing
- Web Developer News
How to Create a Website
One-page guide for beginners.
Inexpensive Web Hosting
How to choose a fast and reliable service from the bulk of cheap hosting solutions.
Remote computer access
New Web-based approach to remote computer access.
Fast and free Internet accelerators
Comparison and reviews of the most popular Internet accelerators.